California State Assembly- Chief Sergeant-at-Arms
The California State Assembly seeks a dynamic leader, confident in their ability to work collaboratively, provide the highest level of service, and inspire staff to serve as the next Chief Sergeant-at-Arms. This position demands a law enforcement professional energized by hard-work and motivated by the complex and interesting challenges encountered in
protecting California’s Assemblymembers, staff and the public they serve at
the State Capitol and statewide district offices.
The ideal candidate must possess the ability to motivate and lead a diverse staff in providing the highest level of safety, service and security in a fast-paced environment. The Chief will bring strong leadership to effectively guide and mentor a skilled and highly competent group of employees in ways to best meet the needs of the Members, while providing for their utmost safety. The ideal candidate will be proactive in developing
collaborative partnerships with the department’s numerous stakeholders to
identify solutions to provide for the safety of the Members, staff and Capitol visitors.
- Ten (10) years of professional experience in law enforcement or a
- Five (5) years in management and/or supervisory experience within a
complex public sector or private organization.
- A background working in an environment with elected officials is ideal.
- Ability to work additional hours based upon business needs.
- Ability to travel throughout the state of California and internationally.
Special Requirement: California POST certification; an adequate amount
of time would be afforded to candidates from outside of the state to become
California POST certified.